The Homepage of xtem_TeXMenu Version 8
Authors: Günther Lamprecht, Wolfhard Lotz, Roland Weibezahn
xtem provides for a simple and comfortable graphical user interface (GUI)
to control the following TeX/LaTeX facilities:
The following description gives you more detailed information:
xtem is written for Unix platforms and has been tested on many systems.
Tcl and the appropriate Tk.
This version runs with Tcl/Tk
(Tcl8.3, Tcl8.2, Tcl8.1 and Tcl8.0).
- file and directory selection, directory creation
- editor (vi, emacs, ...) including additional windows for the
LaTeX-syntax (using hypertext) and examples
- TeX, LaTeX, ...
- previewer (ghostview, xdvi, TkDvi, ...)
- printing (including comfortable printer selection, ...)
- syntax and spelling check
- additional programs as required
- Online help is available for all the buttons and windows by simple mouse click.
- English or German language by choice, other languages may easily be adapted
The configuration has to be done by the local TeX-Administrator
by adapting configuration files ("open lists").
xtem is not a TeX system, i.e. you need an additional TeX-package for Unix such as
or another TeX-package, e.g. from
Besides adapting xtem to new Tcl versions we have done error corrections
and added new features, some of them are:
The setting files from older versions of xtem are mostly compatible
(mkcommand.vst will be automatically updated),
thus switching from the older version (xtem v.7) to the new release will be done easily.
includes all the xtem material necessary for installation, you can get it
from the CTAN servers in directory pub/tex/support/xtem_texmenu
under the terms of the
GNU General Public License (GPL)
- TclX commands replaced by corresponding (new) Tcl commands
- TclX no longer needed!
- select boxes in setting menus now are expandable
- mkcommand.7 deleted (=obsolete), mkcommand.6 modified
from TclX commands to pure Tcl commands
- modifications of logfile analyze; LaTeX warnings can now be displayed
- editor options can now be modified in editor setting menu
- modifications of display of hyphen_show
Happy and comfortable TeXing.